Sherwood Flying Club offers training for the Flight Instructor (Restricted) Certificate. The Flight Instructor Course covers techniques of flight and ground instruction for all the airborne exercises, pre-flight and long briefing techniques, presenting and teaching & learning theory.
Training can be conducted five days per week (weekends by arrangement).
Pre-Course Entry Requirements
An applicant for an FI certificate shall:
• be at least 18 years of age;
• hold a valid medical certificate issued in accordance with Part-MED;
• have received at least 10 hours of instrument flight instruction on the appropriate aircraft category, of which not more than 5 hours may be instrument ground time in an FSTD;
• have completed 20 hours of VFR cross-country flight on the appropriate aircraft category as PIC;
• hold at least a CPL(A); or
• hold at least a PPL(A) and have:
(i) met the requirements for CPL theoretical knowledge, except for an FI(A) providing training for the LAPL(A) only, and*
(ii) completed at least 200 hours of flight time on aeroplanes or TMGs, of which 150 hours as PIC;
• have completed at least 30 hours on single-engine piston powered aeroplanes of which at least 5 hours shall have been completed during the 6 months preceding the pre-entry flight test set out in FCL.930.FI(a);
• have completed a VFR cross-country flight as PIC, including a flight of at least 540 km (300 NM) in the course of which full stop landings at 2 different aerodromes shall be made.
• Examinations successfully completed for ATPL or CPL shall be accepted and the validity period of FCL.025(c)(1)(ii) shall not apply.
The course consists of 30 hours of flight instruction with an approved FIC Instructor (up to 5 of these may be flown as mutual time with another Flight Instructor student), and at least 125 hours of groundschool.
Course Price: £6,995.00.
This includes Membership for course duration and all Landing Fees at Nottingham.
On satisfactory completion of the course the applicant must pass an Assessment of Competence with an approved Flight Instructor Examiner.
All enquiries to email@example.com